Tuesday, August 29, 2017

I'm a millennial and I refuse to use a doorbell

TwitterFacebook

As a millennial, I’ve been held responsible for the demise of many a fine thingDiamond engagement rings, yoghurt, and even lunch—you name it, we’ve probably ruthlessly destroyed it somehow. But, if there’s one thing I’m really not sad about destroying, it’s the doorbell. I consider this (hopefully) soon-to-be obsolete device highly intrusive, but also hugely panic-inducing. And, it seems I’m far from alone in this. 

Smartphone-obsessed millennials and Gen Zers are reportedly “so used to texting upon arrival that the sound of a ringing doorbell freaks them out; ‘it’s terrifying.'” For me, these words couldn’t ring more true. Whenever I’m headed to a friend’s house, the thought of putting my finger on the doorbell doesn’t even cross my mind. I send a text, WhatsApp or even a Snap to let them know I’m outside. To some, this might sound odd or even slightly awkward.  Read more…

More about Watercooler, Lifestyle, Uk, Home, and Trends



from WebHits.io Blog http://blog.webhits.io/im-a-millennial-and-i-refuse-to-use-a-doorbell/

No comments:

Post a Comment