Saturday, June 22, 2019

This web series about a sex worker is the South Asian representation I've been craving

TwitterFacebook

It’s not easy to trust your gut.

I received no less than half a dozen emails about the web series Insomnia before deciding, on a lark, to attend a press screening in May. I jogged there from a dance class, hiding under scaffolding to avoid rain, and paused at one crosswalk to wonder why on Earth I was putting myself through this.

But I had a gut feeling. A part of me that I can’t even access on command knew that I needed to see this series, which I had previously heard of through word-of-mouth in the South Asian American arts community. I arrived at the event just in time to hear writer/creator Vishaal Reddy talk about how tired he is of current South Asian representation, which often tries to avoid stereotypes by doubling down on whitewashing its characters and their stories. Read more…

More about Entertainment, Youtube, Lgbtq, Web Series, and Entertainment



http://blog.webhits.io/this-web-series-about-a-sex-worker-is-the-south-asian-representation-ive-been-craving/
Everything Else, #PS4Live

No comments:

Post a Comment